Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question about your account? You will find the answers here!
- Contact Us
- Registration and Log in
- Account Maintenance & Lost/Stolen Card
- Fraud Protection
- Fees and Charges
How do I contact Customer Service?
How do I get answers about my account or share a concern or compliment?
If you have questions about your account, call the toll-free number on your statement or on the back of your credit card. Or, you can call 877-295-2080. You may also write to us:
P.O. Box 965030
Orlando, FL 32896-5030
If you think we may have reported inaccurate information about you to a credit reporting agency, or if you think there is an error on your statement, write to us at the address above.
Use this form to share a compliment or concern. Please allow up to 3 business days for a response.
Registration and Log in
How do I register my account?
To register, you will need:
- Full account number: It’s on the front of your card, on the top right corner of your monthly billing statement and on the paper that your card was attached to when it was mailed.
- Last 4 digits of the primary accountholder's Social Security Number
- Date of birth
How do I log in?
At the top of each page, there’s a log in to YOUR ACCOUNT button.
What if I can’t remember my user name?
What if I can’t remember my password?
What if I can’t remember my answers to the Security Questions?
What if I’m still having log in issues?
Contact us by phone at the number on the back of your card. Once you have validated your identity and listened to your account summary say,Online Assistance” to hear a review of the steps needed to register and log in to your account.
Account Maintenance & Lost/Stolen Card
Do I need to activate my account, and if so, how do I activate it?
If you received your card with a sticker on the front of it, you will need to call the number listed on the sticker to verify your information and activate your account.
What should I do if my credit card is lost or stolen?
Please call our automated phone system, 24 hours a day to report your card lost or stolen. Call the number on the back of your card for customer service. Or, you can call 877-295-2080. For your protection, we will close your account and will issue you a new account number. Please review your account activity. If you find any purchases you did not make, report these to Customer Service.
What if I want to close my account with Synchrony Bank?
You can close your account at any time. Bear in mind, your Synchrony Bank credit card account gives you benefits like promotional financing, online payments and world class service. However, if you still prefer to close your account, please contact Customer Service. The number is on the back of your card. Or, you can call 877-295-2080.
Can I close my credit account online?
No, you need to contact Customer Service to close your credit account. Call the number on the back of your card or, you can call 877-295-2080.
Can I remove my phone number?
We must have at least one phone number associated with each account. You can change or remove other phone numbers as long as one remains on the account.
Where is my historical account information?
After logging in to your account, click the View Activity button.
What are Alerts?
Alerts are one-way communications via email or text message about your account. Log in now and set up alerts to stay on top of your account and to track your daily spending.
How do Alerts work?
Depending on which alerts are chosen, you will receive them on a selected date, when a particular activity happens or when certain criteria are met.
How often will I get them?
Some alerts could be sent multiple times in a billing period since they’re tied to the number of transactions on your account. Others will be sent just once a month.
Where do I sign up for Alerts?
After you log in, go to the Profile menu, select Alerts, then customize the alerts to your needs.
How do I change my email address for Alerts?
Log in, go to the Profile menu, go to Personal Information and update the email address.
How do I change my phone number for Alerts?
The mobile phone number on your account will be the phone number used for alerts. To change it, log in, go to the Profile menu, go to Personal Information and update the phone number.
Are Alerts ever delayed?
Some alerts are dependent on overnight updates to our system and are sent out the following morning. Occasional system maintenance can also affect the timeliness of alerts.
How do I stop receiving Alerts?
Log in, go to the Profile menu and choose Alerts to unenroll.
What is Chat?
Chat is an online communication service provided to cardholders who prefer to chat with a live agent instead of contacting us by phone or mail.
When is Chat available?
9 a.m. ET to 7:30 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday. An icon will display if a Chat Agent is available. If not available, please call us at the number on the back of your card. Or, you can call 877-295-2080.
Do I have to be logged in to Chat?
Can a Chat Agent perform the same tasks as a Customer Service Representative who provides services to cardholders by phone?
Yes, our Chat Agents are part of our Customer Service team.
Why can't I see the Chat icon?
The icon is only visible when Chat agents are available.,9 a.m. ET to 7:30 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday. If you need assistance when Chat is unavailable, call the number on the back of your card. Or, you can call 877-295-2080.
What is Autopay?
With Autopay, your payment will automatically be deducted from your bank account each month on your payment due date. The payment will be the amount you select: either the Statement Balance, the Total Minimum Payment Due or a self-selected (other) amount.
How do I set up Autopay?
- From the Home Page, select the, Autopay-Off link located below the Make Payment button.
- Click the Enroll in Autopay button
- Select the payment amount and payment source
- Agree to the Terms and Confirm Autopay
- Review your Autopay settings and Submit You will see a confirmation screen showing your Autopay settings and a confirmation number. We’ll also send you a confirmation email to the email address on file for your account.
Is Autopay a payment arrangement that guarantees that my account or promotion(s) will be paid in full before expiring?
No. Autopay is not a payment plan arrangement. It is your responsibility to schedule an amount to be automatically deducted that satisfies the Total Minimum Payment Due and any promotional balance at expiration.
Will interest charges and late payment fees still be assessed even though I signed up for Autopay?
Yes, if applicable on your account. Autopay is simply an automatic way to make a payment.
Will I get confirmation when I enroll in Autopay?
Yes, you will receive an Autopay confirmation number and a confirmation email when you enroll. An email will also be sent when your Autopay payment posts on your Payment Due Date.
Will my bank account continue to have deductions even after my credit account balance is paid off?
No, the deductions will be suspended when your account has a zero balance. Autopay will resume when your account has a balance.
If I am enrolled in Autopay and have a zero balance, but make another purchase, will Autopay continue for the new balance?
Yes, the deductions will resume if your balance increases after having a zero balance. You may cancel enrollment at any time.
What if the account balance is less than the payment amount I selected?
Then your automatic payment will be reduced to the amount of your Current Balance.
How long will it take for Autopay to go into effect and start deducting payments from my bank account?
Your Autopay enrollment is effective immediately for any upcoming due date. The same time-of-day restrictions apply to Autopay as other scheduled payments. You cannot enroll, modify or cancel Autopay (1) on your due date after 5 p.m. ET, or (2) on or after 5 p.m. ET on Friday, if your due date is Saturday.
After I have selected an amount for Autopay, when can I go back in to change it?
At any time, except: (1) on your due date after 5 p.m. ET, or (2) on or after 5 p.m. ET on Friday if your due date is Saturday. Your new Autopay amount will be finalized (based on your current balance and your Autopay settings) at 5 p.m. ET on your payment due date. Autopay payments that have a Pending or Processed status cannot be modified or cancelled.
Once I have cancelled Autopay, how long does it actually take to go into effect?
Autopay will be cancelled immediately unless you cancel after 5 p.m. ET on your due date. Then, it will become effective the next day.
What happens if the Total Minimum Payment Due increases and the Autopay amount I have selected is for less than the Total Minimum Payment Due?
The system will automatically adjust the payment to the Total Minimum Payment Due, if no other payments are received by the due date.
What if there is a delinquent amount on my account? Will this amount be deducted as well?
Yes. If the Total Minimum Payment Due is greater than the selected Autopay amount, then the amount of the Total Minimum Payment Due will be deducted from your bank account. (Total Minimum Payment Due includes the past due amount and current due amount.)
Can I submit additional payments while enrolled in Autopay?
Yes. Any additional payments (or credits) processed on your account may reduce the Automatic Payment that is scheduled.
What methods of payment can I use to pay my bill?
In addition to online payments (single, multiple and Autopay), we accept checks drawn on US financial institutions, money orders, Western Union, Walmart Bill Pay services or electronically submitted payments from your financial institution. Payments may also be made over the phone, but we will charge you a fee to make phone payments. Gift certificates and credit cards are not accepted as a form of payment.
How do I make a single, one-time online payment?
You can make a same-day payment until 11:59 p.m. ET. Just follow these steps:
- Log in and then click on the Make Payment button
- Select the payment amount, date and payment source
- Click Submit Payment for Review
- Review your payment and click Submit
- Look for a confirmation email from Synchrony Bank
Where can I review my payment history (including canceled payments)?
First log in. From the Accounts menu, select your account, click Payments, then click History.
Use the Payments Quick Link to see the dates and amounts of scheduled, pending and processed payments.
How can I make multiple online payments?
Same-day payments are processed until 11:59 p.m. ET. Follow the steps below to make multiple payments at one time:
- Log in then click on the, Make Payment button
- Select the Multiple tab above
- Fill in the required information
- Enter up to 12 payments
- Click Create Payment Schedule
- Look for a confirmation email from Synchrony Bank
What's the difference between Multiple Payments and Autopay?
With Autopay, set payments will automatically be deducted from your bank account each month on your payment due date. The payment will be the amount you select: either the Statement Balance, the Total Minimum Payment Due or a self-selected (Other) amount. When you select Multiple Payments, there’s more flexibility; you can program up to 12 future payments, including the date you want the payment to post to your account and the amount. You can also vary the amount, date and payment source for each payment.
Set monthly payment deducted from my bank account
Choose date of payment
Number of future payments
Up to 12
Until balance is zero or Autopay is cancelled
Vary amount, date and payment source
I received a confirmation that my payment was processed, how long does it take to clear my bank?
You should expect to see the funds withdrawn within approximately 72 hours of the posting date. Refer to your bank or financial institution.
Can I submit multiple payments in one day?
Yes, but each payment must have a unique payment source (bank account). If you are enrolled in Autopay, you may schedule an additional payment for your due date, but from a different payment source. Same-day payments are processed until 11:59 p.m. ET.
Will I get confirmation when I make an online payment?
Yes, you will get an email from Customer.Servicing@mail.synchronybank.com. We will also send an email confirmation once we have processed the payment.
Can I request that my payment due date be changed?
Yes. Call us to request a due date change. The number is on the back of your card. Or, you can call 877-295-2080.
What should I do if my payment has not been applied to my account?
Verify with your banking institution that the payment has cleared. If it has, contact us at the phone number indicated on your card and/or statement. Or, you can call 877-295-2080. Have your payment information ready, including: Payment date, type (check, money order, electronic, etc.), amount, account number and how (address/channel) payment was made (USPS, e, Pay by Phone, In-Store).
- Mailed a check: Check with your bank to see if the check was cashed. If cashed, get a copy of the cancelled check from your bank.
- Made an online payment through your bank’s bill payment service: Check with your bank to find out if they sent the payment to Synchrony Bank. If they did, obtain the details from them of where and how it was sent to us, including if the check was mailed or if the payment was sent electronically.
- Made online payment directly to Synchrony Bank at mysynchrony.com: Log in to your account to see if you have any notices that the payment didn’t go through properly. Check to make sure the funds were available and the correct account was used.
How many payments can I schedule?
Up to 12 payments may be scheduled up to 12 months in advance.
Can I change the banking information that was stored from submitting a previous payment?
Yes. You can add or delete bank accounts from the Banking Information tab under the Profile menu.
Will my payment post the same day that I submit it online through mysynchrony.com?
- Payments received before 11:59 p.m. ET on any day will be credited as of the same day.
- Payments received after 11:59 p.m. ET on any day will be credited as of the next day.
- Payments that post to your account after the payment due date may result in a late payment fee being assessed to your account.
Can I change a payment?
Can I cancel my online payment?
Online scheduled payments that have a Scheduled status may be modified or cancelled. Pending or Processed payments or other non-online payments cannot be modified or cancelled.
Which scheduled payments appear on my account?
- All payments scheduled online after signing into your account will appear in the Scheduled Payments section on the Payments pages.
- Private Label Credit Cards will also show payments scheduled via other channels.
- Visa/MC Credit Cards will not show payments scheduled via other channels.
Can I choose how my future payments will be allocated between my balances?
No. We are only able to reallocate posted or same-day pending payments. Please call the number on the back of your card and/or on your statement for assistance. Or, you can call 877-295-2080.
Where can I mail my payments?
For Private Label Credit Cards mail to:
P.O. Box 960061
Orlando, FL 32896-0061
For Visa/MC credit cards mail to:
P.O. Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896-0013
How can I avoid interest charges on “Deferred Interest/No Interest if paid in full promotions?”
Pay off the Promotional Balance on or before the promotional expiration date.
Is there a fee or penalty for paying off my Promotional Balance in advance?
Where can I find the expiration date for my special financing offer (promotional purchase)?
Log in to your account and click Promotional Purchases. You can also find this information on your billing statement in the Promotional Purchase Summary box. Learn more about how to read your statement.
Can I change my Password?
Yes, you can change your Password by clicking Security from the Profile menu after you log in. We recommended that you change your password regularly.
Can I change my Security Questions?
Yes. Click Security from the Profile menu after you log in.
Can I change my User Name?
Yes. Click Security from the Profile menu after you log in.
What should I do if I am having trouble viewing my account information on the screen?
Use our automated phone system, call the Customer Service phone number on the back of your card or call 877-295-2080.
Telephone access for Store Credit Cards:
Daily 7:30 a.m. - 12 midnight Eastern Time
Telephone access for Visa/MC Credit Cards:
Daily – 24 hours a day
How does Synchrony Bank protect access to my online account?
We use advanced encryption techniques, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to protect the information you provide to us over the internet. You can tell that the session is secure when you see a locked padlock displayed at the top or bottom of most browser windows. In addition, before displaying any account information online, we verify your identity using your Log in or Registration information.
Will I always be asked additional security verification questions when logging into my account?
We may ask security verification questions if our system does not recognize your device (e.g., phone, computer). If you select Remember Me after correctly answering the security question, you are requesting that we capture your device information and that we do not ask you security questions when accessing your account from that device.We suggest that you only select the Remember Me option when you are using a non-public computer.
Are there times when my online account may be unavailable?
Access to your online account may be down periodically when we perform maintenance, but that is generally done between 3:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. ET.
How do I bookmark this site or add it to my favorites?
Every browser is different. Here are the steps to follow for some of the most commonly used browsers:
How can I best protect my personal information offline and online?
- Keep all your personal information in a secure place.
- Hide your Social Security Number.
- Shred old financial documents.
- Never give out personal information unless you know who you’re dealing with.
- Choose complex passwords and change passwords regularly.
- Watch out for fraudulent emails and websites masquerading as legitimate businesses.
- Be careful what you download online. Many free programs contain spyware and adware.
- Do not answer chain emails.
- Monitor your credit reports.
- Back up critical data.
- Consider investing in PC security software.
What should I do if I suspect that I am a victim of fraud?
Immediately contact Synchrony Bank’s Fraud Department at 1-866-834-3205
Report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission:
Federal Trade Commission website
Mail to: Identity Theft Clearinghouse, FTC, Washington, DC 20580
Notify the three major credit bureaus:
EquifaxCredit Report: 1-800-685-1111
Report Fraud: 1-800-525-6285
ExperianCredit Report: 1-888-397-3742
Report Fraud: 1-888-397-3742
TransUnionCredit Report: 1-800-888-4213
Report Fraud: 1-800-680-7289
How do I read the Promotional Purchase Summary on my statement?
This section on your statement summarizes your:
- Promotional expiration date
- Promotional balance
- Any deferred or billed interest charges related to these purchases
How do I receive paperless statements?
Each month, we’ll email you when your statement is ready to view online.
- Log in and click on eStatments – OFF
- Before enrolling, please check that we have your correct email address on file.
- Click the ENROLL NOW button
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions and Submit
Can I change back to paper statements if I have selected to receive my statements electronically?
Yes. Log in then click Statements on the home page, then select change your statement delivery method.
How will I be notified that my eStatement is ready for viewing?
We will send an email notification when your eStatement is ready. For your security, we do not email eStatements.
How do I read my eStatement?
Do the eStatements show the same information as paper statements?
Yes, it is a PDF file of the paper statement. However, your account number will not be displayed on your electronic billing statement.
What do I do if I never received notice that my eStatement is ready?
Be sure your email account accepts emails from Statement@mail.synchronybank.com so that eStatement notifications are not sent to your junk mail folder.
Will I receive my eStatement directly in my email inbox?
No, for your protection we send an email notice that your eStatement is ready for viewing. The email notice you receive will contain a link to your online account. When you access the link you will need to log in, and then click on the Statements Quick Link to view, print or download your eStatement.
Will I receive confirmation when I choose to receive statements electronically?
What do I do if I have not received my mailed paper statement?
Check your eStatement delivery method using the Statements Quick Link. Keep in mind that you may have enrolled in eStatements when you registered your account. You may also want to validate your mailing address to ensure we have the correct address on file.
How do I dispute something I see on my billing statement?
You may call us, but telephoning about billing errors will not preserve your rights under federal law. To preserve your rights, please write us at FCBI/Billing Error, P.O. Box 965035, Orlando, FL 32896-5035.
- Your name and account number
- Dollar amount of the suspected error
- Description of problem: describe what you believe is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake
How the process works:
- Contact us within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement.
- Notify us of any potential errors in writing.
- You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
- While we investigate an incident, we will not try to collect the amount in question or report you as delinquent on that amount
- While we investigate, the charge in question may remain on your statement. We will stop assessing interest on that amount until the dispute is resolved.
- While we investigate, a minimum payment will continue to be required and interest will continue to be assessed on the non-disputed portion of your balance.
- If we determine that we made a mistake, you will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount. While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
- If we need additional information, we will send you a letter specifying what we need.
- Upon completion of the investigation, you will either receive credit or be sent an explanation of why we have deemed the transaction valid.
How long does it take to typically resolve a billing dispute?
It may take up to 60 days to investigate and resolve your dispute.
What if I am dissatisfied with my credit card purchase?
You may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the purchase. To use this right, all of the following must be true:
- The purchase must have been made in your home state or within 100 miles of your current mailing address, and the purchase price must have been more than $50. (Note: Neither of these are necessary if your purchase was based on an advertisement we mailed to you, or if we own the company that sold you the goods or services.)
- You must have used your credit card for the purchase. Purchases made with cash advances from an ATM or with a check that accesses your credit card account do not qualify.
- You must not yet have fully paid for the purchase. If all of the criteria above are met and you are still dissatisfied with the purchase, contact us in writing at: PO Box 965035, Orlando, FL 32896-5035.
While we investigate, the same rules apply to the disputed amount as discussed above.
Fees and Charges
How can I avoid late payment fees?
Your payment is due by the Payment Due Date indicated on your monthly billing statement. To avoid late payment fees, pay at least your Total Minimum Payment Due on or before the Payment Due Date.When making your payment by mail, use the provided payment coupon and allow 7-10 business days for your payment to post.
How do I find my due date?
Why has a late fee been charged to my account?
A late fee is charged to your account if at least the Total Minimum Monthly Payment shown on your billing statement is not received by the due date shown on the statement. When a late payment fee appears on your statement, it means either the payment made was less than the minimum required or the payment was not received by the payment due date. Please be sure to allow 7-10 business days for your payment to be received and posted to your account.
How can I avoid interest charges?
For “Deferred Interest/No Interest If Paid In Full” promotional purchases:
- Pay the entire applicable Promotional Balance by the Promotional Expiration Date (in some cases, this date may be different from your Payment Due Date)
Note: Deferred interest charges will be shown on each statement but will not be billed to your account unless your promotional balance is not paid in full on or before the promotional expiration date.
For Non-promotional balances:
- Pay all non-promotional balance(s) in full each month by your Payment Due Date each month.
Why has interest been charged to my account on my Deferred Interest promotion if I have made all of the minimum payments?
Synchrony Bank sends monthly statements to you which provide Promotional Purchase Summary Information, the Accrued Deferred Interest, and the Promotional Expiration Date. In order to avoid interest charges on any promotion, the promotional balance must be paid in full by the expiration date. Check your statements to ensure that your payments were received before the promotional expiration date. For more information, watch this informative video about promotional purchases.