Protect Your Information Online
Protecting your personal information is a top priority for us, so we’ve taken numerous steps to prevent someone from stealing your personal information and using it without your knowledge.
First, we encrypt all your sensitive information with TLS encryption technology. Second, we’ll send you a confirmation email about any change to your account.
Ways you can protect your personal information
- Keep all your personal information in a secure place, and hide your Social Security Number
- Shred your old financial documents
- Never give out personal information unless you know who you’re dealing with
How to detect a problem with your account
- Be alert to warning signs, such as bills that do not arrive as expected, or calls or letters about purchases you did not make
- Inspect your credit report and your financial statements on a regular basis
If you suspect identity theft or fraud, it’s important to act quickly.
Report any identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission:
- Federal Trade Commission website
- 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338)
- Mail to: Identity Theft Clearinghouse, FTC, Washington, DC 20580
Synchrony Financial provides private label and bankcard credit programs to retailers and consumers in the United States and Canada. We do not provide personal loans via the purchase or use of prepaid money cards, nor do we call or email potential customers to request personal information to establish prepaid cards or personal loans. Offers of such loans appear to be an attempt to fraudulently obtain money or access consumers' confidential financial information and are not associated with, authorized or sponsored by Synchrony Financial or Synchrony Bank. If you believe you have been a victim, you should contact local authorities. More information is available at www.ftc.gov .
As a reminder, to protect your identity and the security of your financial accounts, never give your personal credit card or other financial information to people who call or email you.