KITCHEN FURNITURE: Kitchen Chair Styles
"Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable" is a phrase that sums up a welcoming invite to relax and chat. But selecting the right chairs for your dining room or kitchen table can be a challenge. And, with so many options online, it’s a good idea to narrow your choices so you can easily select the chairs you love, instead of regretting your purchase.
There are a few basics to consider in narrowing your choices:
- Formal or casual? Do you want this space to be more formal or casual? Formal generally dictates a traditional wood chair with or without a padded seat or upholstery. Casual can be wicker, wood or synthetic material. Think sunporch or Pottery Barn.
- Upholstered, padded or hard surface? Consider how much time you’ll spend on the chair. Will it be for the occasional dinner party, family holiday or for daily use – from breakfast to late night homework or bill-paying? A more comfortable, ergonomic seat is always best, but it’s really important if you’re spending hours at a time at your table.
- Wood, metal, wicker? There are many options when it comes to chair materials. Wood is the most common followed by steel/wood or wicker/wood combinations. Most styles (traditional, contemporary and more) offer one of more options in each material category. If you are looking online, many sites offer selection by search criteria including style, material and more. These tools can be an easy way to narrow your selection.
- Small, medium or large? When selecting a chair, think about size. Both the size of the table / room and the size of the people who will be using it.
- Armed or armless? Finally, consider if you want all / some of your chairs to have arms. It’s common to used armed chairs at the head of a rectangular or oval table. Arms add size to each chair, so if you want all of your chairs to be armed, then measure before buying to be sure they will fit with your table.
A little research can help you narrow your search and ensure you’ll be happier with your decision for the long run. Then, use the Synchrony HOME™ credit card to help finance your home expenses. * Apply now at www.mysynchrony.com/welcomehome
We include links to another website in this article for your convenience. We do not endorse any content on these sites.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
This content is subject to change without notice and offered for informational use only. You are urged to consult with your individual business, financial, legal, tax and/or other advisors with respect to any information presented. Synchrony Financial and any of its affiliates (collectively, “Synchrony”) make no representations or warranties regarding this content and accept no liability for any loss or harm arising from the use of the information provided. Your receipt of this material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
© 2018 Synchrony Financial. All rights reserved. No reuse without prior written consent from Synchrony Financial.