12 Must-Know Tips for Purchasing Kitchen Appliances
Cooking can be a lot more fun when you have the right kitchen appliances! Most appliances will get the job done well, but it’s important to pay attention to the details that will affect you the most. In this article, we’ll share tips on how to find the right kitchen appliances for your cooking style.
Let’s start with some general tips that apply to any kitchen appliance you’re looking to buy.
- Start by browsing online reviews or asking friends and family what they like or dislike about their appliances; learn from other’s mistakes or successes!
- Don’t impulse buy. It’s easy to fall in love with a certain flashy feature or sleek stainless appearance. However, these bells and whistles alone don’t guarantee it’s the best fit all around.
- Instead of impulse buying, evaluate your needs and make a list of priority features. Use that list to comparison shop to find the right appliance at the best price. Searching online is a good way to quickly compare things like reliability, specifications and efficiency.
- Pay attention to the size—not only in the space where it will live, but also through the space you plan to bring it into the house. Do you have stairs or a narrow doorway? Measure, then measure again. Note the dimensions of appliances as you shop.
- If you can, be patient. Retailers run special promotions often throughout the year and during holidays. It’s also common for retailers to offer free shipping with an appliance purchase.
- Ask the salesperson if there’s anything else you’ll need to buy with it, like a fan for a cooktop.
- Before you buy, read the fine print and ensure you understand how it works. Ask questions if you’re unsure, and request names and numbers of individuals or companies who can service it if necessary. You don’t want to end up with an appliance you don’t know how to use!
- Recycle your old appliance if possible. Some retailers will remove the old appliance when they deliver the new one.
Now, we’ll share some convenient, energy-saving features to consider when you’re in the market for one of these appliances.
- Refrigerator: Most models offer space-expanding features like adjustable shelves. Also pay attention to energy efficiency and convenient features like a water filtration system in the door’s water system.
- Dishwasher: Note how many place settings it holds, as well as a delay-start option and a forced-air mode that can assist in dish drying and reduce water that rests in glasses or bowls.
- Range: Convenient features include convection capabilities, an easy-to-clean cooktop and warming drawers, which all contribute to a smoother cooking experience.
- Microwave: Pay attention to the power and wattage, the turntable size and function, sensors for overcooking and undercooking, a convection mode and, if necessary, childproof doors.
The next time you’re looking for a new appliance, use this article as a guide to help you get exactly what you need, so you can enjoy them for years to come.
We include links to another website in this article for your convenience. We do not endorse any content on these sites.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
This content is subject to change without notice and offered for informational use only. You are urged to consult with your individual business, financial, legal, tax and/or other advisors with respect to any information presented. Synchrony Financial and any of its affiliates (collectively, “Synchrony”) make no representations or warranties regarding this content and accept no liability for any loss or harm arising from the use of the information provided. Your receipt of this material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
© 2017 Synchrony Financial. All rights reserved. No reuse without prior written consent from Synchrony Financial.