Festive Decor for all Seasons
Keep it simple
Choose a few spaces in your house where the bulk of your seasonal decor will rotate, keeping in mind how it will blend with your permanent furnishings. Focus on areas where seasonality makes the most sense and can be appreciated by residents and guests alike. Get four large containers to store all out-of-season items and keep your shopping list to items that fit in the tubs.
Take inspiration from nature
Just as you’d eat seasonally abundant produce, look to nature to inform your seasonal decor choices. A few suggestions to get you started...
- WINTER: Evergreens, pinecones, firewood, potted rosemary, bare branches adorned with faux snow, and snowflakes
- SPRING: Colorful tulips, hyacinths, freesias, or daffodils, butterflies, birds, and potted topiaries
- SUMMER: Fresh fruit, shells, daisies, succulents, herbs, smooth stones, water feature, and hanging flower baskets
- FALL: Pumpkins and other squash, chrysanthemums, acorns, dried or faux leaves, cranberries, corn stalks or husks, apples, and sunflowers
Play with color
An easy way to evoke the current season is to incorporate associated colors. That way, you don’t have to limit yourself to decor items with a seasonal theme. Get inspired...
- WINTER: White, cream, grey, black, gold, silver, as well as jewel-toned green, blue, red, and purple
- SPRING: Cream, grey, light and bright versions of pink, peach, yellow, green, and lavender
- SUMMER: White, bold hues of red, yellow, fuschia, orange, turquoise, and blue
- FALL: Rich neutrals like black, cream, and white; browns in a range of shades; deep yellow, green, orange, and burgundy
Explore more ways to use color for every room in your house.
Excite the senses
Don’t limit your festive decor to what can be seen. Add interesting and relevant textures, smells, and where appropriate, tastes and sounds. Some options...
- WINTER: Warm, cozy flannel bed linens; soft fleece throw pillows or blankets; candles with hints of vanilla, citrus, or winter spices;festive holiday music
- SPRING: Soft, quilted fabric; floral throw pillows; reed diffusers in scents like gardenia, lavender, or chamomile
- SUMMER:Rattan accents; wicker baskets; light, breezy sheets; fragrant, fresh flowers; a bowl of fresh fruit
- FALL:Knit, woven, or velvet throw pillows; faux fur rug; slow-cooker potpourri of cinnamon, nutmeg, citrus, and berries
Did you know Synchrony HOME Credit Cardholders get 2% cash back paid as a statement credit on purchases made under $2991 and 6-month promotional financing on purchases over $299?2 Not a cardholder yet?* Learn more now! Already a Synchrony HOME™ cardholder? Log in to learn about additional offers available right now!
We include links to another website in this article for your convenience. We do not endorse any content on these sites.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
This content is subject to change without notice and offered for informational use only. You are urged to consult with your individual business, financial, legal, tax and/or other advisors with respect to any information presented. Synchrony and any of its affiliates (collectively, “Synchrony”) make no representations or warranties regarding this content and accept no liability for any loss or harm arising from the use of the information provided. Your receipt of this material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
© 2019 Synchrony Bank.