Get Smart: Automation Devices for Every Home
As the internet of things continues to grow, the list of things connected home devices can’t do is constantly shrinking (imagine all the sibling rivalry we could have avoided if we had Alexa to settle our dinner trivia disputes). Even if you’re a technophobe, chances are you already have at least one smart device in your home. But how to go from Smart TV to fully automated Smart Home? Look no further than our guide.
If the thought of updating your home to include the ever-growing list of home automation tools makes you nervous, start small with easy changes:
- Smart Speaker/Home Assistant: The best way to dip your toe into the smart home water is with a smart speaker. All that’s needed is wifi and an outlet to get started with music, weather updates, and answers to all your burning questions, among other things. Simply choose the system you prefer, and as you grow more comfortable, add to it to create a true home hub.
- Smart Thermostat: Not only can these handy thermostats be controlled by your phone to keep you perpetually cozy (or cool), they can actually learn your family’s habits and update temperatures based on your comings and goings. Bonus, installation doesn’t require an engineering degree.
- Robot Vacuum: Get smart about cleaning by employing a robot to do it for you. Today’s smart vacuums can integrate with your home assistant or your phone, and some even stream video while they clean, giving you that feeling of accomplishment without lifting a finger.
Once you’ve reaped the benefits of smart devices in your home, you’ll wonder what else you can automate:
- Smart Hub: As your collection of smart devices grows, you’ll need a way to keep everything connected and under control. Do your research and find out what’s most compatible with your current and prospective automation tools.
- Smart Outlets/Lights: Gone are the days of exasperatedly following your kids around the house, turning off lights. Save time, money, and sanity with an automated lighting system.
- Smart Locks/Home Security: Controlling access to your home and keeping it safe is easier than ever. Remotely let your neighbor in to water the plants while you’re on vacation, stay in bed and speak to the delivery guy through the doorbell, or review the footage of those teens egging your house on Halloween with a smart security system.
The future is now and you’re here for it. Round out your smart home collection with these amazing devices:
- Smart Mattress/Bed: Quit tossing and turning with the help of technology. New beds on the market not only track your sleep (and send you a report, whoa), they can automatically adjust firmness, temperature, and support to keep you in dreamland just a bit longer.
- Smart Kitchen Appliances: Become the chef you always knew you could be with a little digital assistance. Never run out of ingredients with a wifi-connected fridge, use voice commands to nuke your leftovers with an Alexa-enabled microwave, and cook steak to delicious, medium-rare perfection with a Bluetooth meat thermometer. Now you’re cooking!
- Smart Sprinklers: Your lawn will be the envy of the neighborhood with an investment in a smart sprinkler system. It’s easy to save water, time, and money when your sprinklers monitor the weather, learn how best to water your yard, and set an efficient schedule. Now, the grass is always greener on your side.
Did you know Synchrony HOME Credit Cardholders get 2% cash back paid as a statement credit on purchases made under $2991 and 6-month promotional financing on purchases over $299?2 Not a cardholder yet?* Learn more now! Already a Synchrony HOME™ cardholder? Log in to learn about additional offers available right now!
We include links to another website in this article for your convenience. We do not endorse any content on these sites.
This content is subject to change without notice and offered for informational use only. You are urged to consult with your individual business, financial, legal, tax and/or other advisors with respect to any information presented. Synchrony and any of its affiliates (collectively, “Synchrony”) make no representations or warranties regarding this content and accept no liability for any loss or harm arising from the use of the information provided. Your receipt of this material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
© 2019 Synchrony Bank..