I love it. It’s fast, and I recommend to other people to always have a card security service, because you never know when you’re going to need it.Card Security customer who received $1,033 of coverage due to a leave of absence
I have the comfort of knowing I paid monthly for something that truly was beneficial and brought complete peace of mind, especially due to no longer working due to health.Card Security customer who received $1,333 of coverage due to hospitalization
Very helpful when you are disabled. Takes so much stress off you. Easy for me to fill out forms and easy for doctor to complete.Card Security customer who received $2,181 of coverage due to disability
Have questions? We have answers.
What events are covered by Card Security?
There are seven events covered by the optional Card Security program:
- Involuntary unemployment — You lose your job due to a general strike, layoff or unionized labor dispute, or you are terminated due to no fault of your own.
- Leave of absence — You are on an unpaid employer-approved leave of absence from your full-time job.
- Disability — You are unable to perform normal daily activities and require the care of a doctor due to sickness or injury.
- Hospitalization — You are admitted to a hospital and are under the care of a doctor.
- Nursing home care — You are admitted to a nursing home and are under the care of a doctor.
- Terminal illness — A doctor diagnoses you with a medical condition that is expected to cause your death in six months or less.
- Loss of life — The covered person passes away.
Restrictions apply. For complete details and exclusions, please see the Card Security Debt Cancellation Program Agreement.
How could I benefit from Card Security if I lose my job?
If you are employed in a full-time, non-seasonal job, the optional Card Security program can provide the following benefits:
- Cancellation of your Synchrony credit card minimum payment for one to six months, depending on the covered event and the time period involved.
- Cancellation of the balance on your Synchrony credit card account, up to $10,000.
For complete details and exclusions, please see the Card Security Debt Cancellation Program Agreement.
Can Card Security benefit me if I am self-employed, work part-time or only work seasonally?
Yes. You would still be eligible for up to six months of minimum monthly payment cancellations on your Synchrony account. You would not be eligible for balance cancellation.
How soon would I be eligible for a benefit under Card Security?
Any Covered Event would need to begin after you have purchased Card Security. After that, eligibility depends on which qualifying event you experience.
- Disability, hospitalization, nursing home care, terminal illness and loss of life protection begins on your enrollment Effective Date (the date your coverage begins).
- Job loss and leave of absence protection begins 30 days after your Effective Date.
What if I experience two Covered Events at once?
If both Covered Events have the same Benefit Start Date, you will need to choose just one of the events to file for benefits.
How do I file a benefit request?
If you experience a Covered Event, the primary or joint Synchrony credit card account holder should follow the steps below:
- Call (800) 815-4051 (9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday, except holidays) OR write to Card Security, P.O. Box 740237, Atlanta, GA 30374-0237 to ask for a Benefit Request Form.
- Complete and return the form with requested documents within one (1) year of the Benefit Start Date.
Can I stop making my monthly Synchrony credit card payment as soon as I experience a qualifying event?
No. After a Covered Event occurs, you must continue to make any required minimum payments on your Synchrony credit card account until you are notified that your benefit request is approved.
How much does Card Security cost?
The optional Card Security program costs $1.66 for every $100 of the ending balance on your Synchrony account each month.
|Monthly ending balance||$500|
|Calculation||$500 balance ÷ $100 = 5|
|Monthly fee||$1.66 × 5 = $8.30|
I have more than one Synchrony credit card account. Do I need separate Card Security coverage for each one?
Yes. You would need to purchase a separate Card Security credit card protection plan for each of your Synchrony credit card accounts.
If I pay my Synchrony credit card balance in full each month, will I still be charged for Card Security?
Yes. If you purchase the optional Card Security program, you will be charged for any month where you have a statement balance on your Synchrony account, even if you pay that balance in full.
If I’m not using my Synchrony credit card and have no balance on my account, will I still be charged for Card Security?
No. If you do not have a statement balance, you will not be charged the Card Security fee for that month.
How can I cancel my Card Security coverage?
You may cancel at any time. If you cancel within 90 days of your enrollment Effective Date, you will receive a refund of any program fees you may have been charged. To cancel, call (800) 815-4051 (9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday, except holidays) OR write to Card Security, P.O. Box 740237, Atlanta, GA 30374-0237.
*Certain exclusions and eligibility requirements apply.